Find reports on a range of topics about health equality from the IHE and other organisations
Got a project, report or case study to share?
Add your projects to the global health equality discussion.
We want to share our work with colleagues from across the world. On this page we continue to upload presentation slides from various members of the Marmot Review Team.
Fair Society Healthy Lives
- 'Universal Health Coverage and Social Determinants of Health', a presentation given by Dr Ruth Bell at the IAMP/IHE Working Meeting on Fostering Action on the Social Determinants of Health, in Trieste.
- 'A Simple Guide to Evaluation' - a presentation given by Dr Angela Donkin to participants of the Knee High Challenge run by the Design Council for Southwark and Lambeth.
- 'Evaluating the Impact of Children's Centres - Measuring What Matters', a presentation given by Dr Angela Donkin at the Early Intervention Foundation Evidence Forum Meeting
- 'A Perspective on Health Inequalities: Health Inequalities are Everybody's Business', a presentation given by Dr Angela Donkin at the Anglia and Essex Public Health Conference
- Health Equity in International, National and Regional Policy Making, a presentation given by Dr Ruth Bell at the conference 'Accessible & Affordable & Achievable Health in the Post-2015 Agenda'.
- The global burden of non-communicable disease and the policy challenge, presentation given by Professor Sir Michael Marmot at UCL.
Review of Social Determinants and the Health Divide in the WHO European Region
On the 30th October 2013, we launched the final report of the Review of Social Determinants and the Health Divide in the WHO European Region.
Here, we have made available the presentations from the launch conference:
- Zsuzsanna Jakab: The Need for a Review and the Challenge of Health 2020
- Michael Marmot: The Challenge for the Review
- Denny Vagero: Global, European and Local: Learning from the Malmo Commission
- Alan Dyson: Early Years, Family and Education Task Group
- Michael Marmot: Themes of the Review
- Olle Lundberg: Welfare: Do something, Do More, Do Better
- Michael Marmot: Review Recommendations
- David McDaid: Making the Case: The Economics of Prevention
Inclusion Health Data Implementation Workshop
- 'Hidden Needs. Key messages from the Data and Research Working Group', by Bobbie Jacobson
- 'NHS Commissioning Board and Inclusion Health Data Implementation' by Jon Shingleton
- 'ONS perspective - identifying vulnerable populations' by Chris White
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot - Presentation on the 'Working for Health Equity' Report.
- Dr Cecil Wilson (President of the WMA) - Presentation on the international perspective.
- Dr Adrian Tookman (Royal Free London NHS Trust) - Presentation on hospital consultants and health inequalities.
November 2012: Presentation by Jessica Allen, 'Effectively Reducing Health Inequalities through Health and Wellbeing Boards', given at 'Health and Wellbeing Boards: Delivering Local, Integrated Healthcare Services.
October 2012: Peter Goldblatt's presentation 'Addressing Health Inequalities: Is Any Job a Good Job?', which was given at the annual fit for work summit is available on the fit for work website.
October 2012: Presentation given by Angela Donkin at public health and voluntary sector event: 'Working to implement ‘Marmot’: Practical steps for the voluntary sector in applying the recommendations from Fair Society, Healthy Lives'
September 2012: presentation given by Angela Donkin at child poverty conference for Arun: 'Child poverty and improving outcomes for Children'.
July 2012: 'Health and Well Being Boards: Implementation and Integration', presented by Dr Jessica Allen at Westminster Health Forum.
June 2012: 'The impact of the economic downturn and policy changes on health inequalities in London', by Ellen Bloomer
June 2012: 'Social Determinants and Demographic Change, the economic crisis and policy change', presented by Dr Jessica Allen at the SOLACE conference 2012.
April 2012: 'Children's Centres: Early Years, Health Inequalities, and Outcomes', presented by Dr Jessica Allen at the 4children conference 'Building Sustainable Family Futures: Preventing Crisis'.
March 2012: Presentation given by Sue Hogarth at the IHE workshop: The Role of Health Professionals in Tackling Health Inequalities: Action on the Social Determinants of Health.
March 2012: Presentation given by Ilaria Geddes at the IHE workshop: 'Alcohol misuse, obesity and smoking: a social determinants approach to public health interventions'
February 2012: Presentation given by Dr Jessica Allen at the LGA public health annual conference - 'Health Inequalities in the New Public Health System'
February 2012: Michael Marmot's slides on 'Two Year On' monitoring Data.
December 2011: Ilaria Geddes and Sue Hogarth presentation at NICE guidance workshop: The Health Impacts of Cold Homes and Fuel Poverty
November 2011: Sue Hogarth's presentation 'Narrowing the inequalities gap: Valuing Midwives', The Royal College of Midwives Annual Conference
September 2011: Jessica Allen's presentation at the 'NHS Future Forum'.
June 2011: Sue Hogarth's presentation 'Spatial Planning, Health and Inequalities - The Evidence', given at the University of West England