Find reports on a range of topics about health equality from the IHE and other organisations
Got a project, report or case study to share?
Add your contribution to the global health equality discussion.
Local Action on Health Inequalities Series - Overview
IHE have written a series of evidence reports and briefings about practical, local actions to tackle health inequalities through the social determinants of health. The reports have been commissioned by Public Health England.
The topics covered relate to some of the policy objectives in the Marmot Review and are intended to provide a useful local focus for action.
The papers include evidence, practical points and case studies on approaches and actions that can be taken by local authorities on a range of issues to reduce health inequalities.
The reports cover the following topic areas:
1. Good quality parenting programmes and the home to school transition
2. Building children and young people's resilience in school
3. Reducing the number of young people not in employment, education or training (NEET)
4. Adult learning services
5. Increasing employment opportunities and improving workplace health
6. Health inequalities and the living wage
7. Fuel poverty and cold home-related health problems
8. Improving access to green spaces
9. Understanding the economics of investments in the social determinants of health
10. Tackling health inequalities through action on the social determinants of health: lessons from experience
There is also a video of Michael Marmot introducing the work on our videos page.
The series is designed for local authorities particularly Directors of Public Health and their teams, and for Health and Wellbeing Boards. The papers will also provide useful information for other professionals in local authorities who have responsibility for work that has implications for health - like children's services, housing and education services.
By IHE Sep 2014