February 2023 Newsletter
The Health Equity Network
The Health Equity Network – a platform we have set up to enable people who are doing great work on health equity in places and organisations across the UK to share what they are doing with others, be inspired by what others are doing and collaborate in joint working.
Join the Network Here!
Connecting with others through this network will, we hope, provide inspiration and support for individuals and organisations to go further, to find strength through linking with others who are doing similar work and to generate a movement for health equity that can be felt across the country. And, to exert an influence on national policy making.
We hope that you join us by registering as a member of the network, posting the work that you are doing or are willing to develop further and about which you want to engage with others in the network. By doing so you will be helping to develop the movement for health equity that is needed in the UK.
Since we've last sent out a newsletter, we've published a number of major reports detailing the growing inequalities across the UK and the world.
- Build Back Fairer: Reducing Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health in Hong Kong, November 2021
- COVID-19, the Social Determinants of Health and Health Equity - WHO Evidence Brief, December 2021
- The Business of Health Equity: The Marmot Review for Industry, March 2022
- All Together Fairer: Health equity and the social determinants of health in Cheshire and Merseyside, May 2022
- Fuel Poverty, Cold Homes and Health Inequalities in the UK, August 2022
- Evidence Review: Housing and Health Inequalities in London, September 2022
- Reducing health inequalities in Luton: A Marmot Town, September 2022
- A Hopeful Future: Equity and the social determinants of health in Lancashire and Cumbria, September 2022
- Health Inequalities in Hong Kong: A Life Course Approach, November 2022
- A Fairer and Healthier Waltham Forest: Equity and the Social Determinants of Health in Waltham Forest, December 2022
- The Rising Cost of Living: A Review of Interventions to Reduce Impacts on Health Inequalities in London, January 2023
New and Upcoming Collaborations
- Children and Young People's Health Equity Collaborative with Barnardo's
- Evidence reviews for The Greater London Authority, including:Skills programmes and health in London, Climate Change and Racism, and Discrimination and Health inequalities
- A report for the Norwegian Government on Health inequalities
- WHO Global Report
- Work with the Region of Gwent
- Work with the South West of England
- Implementing Marmot approaches in Cheshire and Merseyside, Lancashire and Cumbria, Luton and Waltham Forest.
- Continuing work with the East London Foundation Trust as it develops as a Marmot Institute
- Continued work with the Chinese University of Hong Kong Institute of Health Equity