The Institute is engaged in a number of ongoing research and review projects, with local, national or global reach, and we continue to advocate for health equity and action on the social determinants of health.
We do this by presenting at events, by teaching and delivering lectures at UCL, by working with influential network groups, and through our writings and publications for jounals and other media outlets.
In summary, in 2017 UCL IHE will work in some capacity with the following organisations:
- Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) - Commission on Equity and Health Inequalities in the Americas
- Horizon 2020 (INHERIT) - INter-sectoral Health and Environment Research for InnovaTion
- Horizon 2020 (Cities for People) - Smart Cities and Communities
- Horizon 2020 (Lifepath) - Healthy Ageing for All
- Horizon 2020 - (ATHLOS) - Ageing Trajectories of Health: Longitudinal Opportunities and Synergies
- NHS England - Tackling inequalities in health and wellbeing for people with learning disabilities.
- NHS England - Reducing Health Inequalities Through New Models of Care: A Resource for New Care Models
- Public Health England - UK Health Forum country profiles using Social Determiants indicators
- The Health Foundation - Health Equity in England: The Marmot Review 10 Years On - to be published in 2020, and our 2018 report Voluntary Sector Action on the Social Determinants of Health - evidence review. In collaboration with NCP. Read more about our collaborations with The Health Foundation.
- Greater Manchester: A Marmot City Region - IHE will work alongside the Mayor, local authority leaders and the Health and Social Care Partnership in GM to advise on strategies, practical implementation and monitoring. The collaboration will form a significant component of the Marmot Ten Years On analysis and report, to be launched in February 2020.
- London Mayor Health Inequality Steering Group
- Peru - Bernard van Leer Foundation Commission - Maximising the impact of the Peruvian Breaking Barriers programme
- The UCL Marmot Prince Mahidol Fellowship - funds a number of research fellowships designed to help develop the next cadre of researchers working in the area of inequalities in health, whilst building strategic global links between UCL and other institutions worldwide.
- EMRO - WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region Commission on Social Determinants of Health (2019-2020) - The UCL Institute of Health Equity is working to review Social Determinants of Health in the WHO EMR region.
To find out more about our contribution to a specific project, or how we could help you, please get in touch.